1. Plug the printer into a power point and also plug it into a free USB port on your PC. If you have a cash drawer make sure the cord from the drawer to the back of the printer is in the correct port.
2. Now you will need to install the correct drivers for the printer. Check to see if you printer came with a driver CD otherwise going to the manufacturers website to download the correct drivers. Make sure you look up the correct make and model.
3. Once you have installed the correct drivers you should be able to see the printer in your Devices & Printers.You might need to share the printer if you are using ProfiitPlus over a Remote Desktop Connection.
4. To add the Docket printer through ProfiitPlus you need to login and go to the Sales Orders & Invoicing module.
5. Now click on Sales | Settings | Setup Options - Invoicing
6. In the Setup options under docket printer you need to select the printer near the docket printer attached box (make sure the box is ticked). You also need to select the printer under cash drawer option.
Most docket printer settings are as follows :
- Printer Emulation = Epson
- Max Character Per line = 42
- Lines before cut = User Defined
- Lines after cut = User Defined
- Cut String = 027105
- Open String = 027112000025250 (If you double click in this box it will auto fill)
7. Now press "OK". Your printer is now all setup through ProfiitPlus.